Archive January 2019
All of the articles archived for the month that you have specified are displayed below.
In residential real estate, boomers still own the home market
Older boomers don’t face the same retirement housing factors their parents did. They are healthier and wealthier than previous generations at retirement age. They often don’t have to downsize to sustain their current standards of living. Many have the money to renovate their homes to allow them to age in place.
More homebuyers consider pets’ needs in purchases
Seven out of 10 Americans own pets, and 90 percent of them say their pets’ needs figure in their home-buying decisions. The two largest generations — millennials and boomers — are so devoted to their pets that they are causing a minor shift in the real estate market.
Ninety-nine percent of pet owners feel pets are part of their family, according to a National Association of Realtors report, and 89 percent say they would not give up their pets to buy a house.
More than one-third of National Association of Realtors members said animal owners often refuse to make an offer on a home that is not ideal for their animal.
5 Home Improvement Trends to Watch in 2019
1. DIYers Are More Likely to Be Millennials.
2. Over-inspiration Is a Key Factor in Home Improvement Regret
3. The Rental Housing Market Is on the Rise
4. Remodeling Activity Isn't Slowing Down Anytime Soon
5. With Home Wellness on the Rise, the Lighting Industry Is Leading the Way
Renting vs. buying a home: Which is right for you?
Weighing the rent-versus-buy decision? Both have upsides and drawbacks. Ultimately, the answer depends on multiple factors, including your finances, your long-term plans and the real estate market in your area. Here are five questions to ask when deciding to rent or buy a home.
- What can you afford and how much savings do you have?
- How long do you plan to stay in the home?
- Do you want stability or flexibility to move around?
- Do you want to be responsible for repairs/maintenance?
- What are your financial, career and family goals?